41 Questions To Ask Your Grandparents ASAP
Family history is an important way to connect with your past and to learn from those you love and respect, so conduct a special interview with your grandparents.
on March 22, 2020
Chances are you could really use a hug from grandma right now… the whole world could probably use a hug from grandma right now. While visiting in person is not a good idea, there are other ways to let her know you love her (tbh, sending her a Chatbook is a great one, or consider setting her up with a no-fuss Photo Book Series). Protecting vulnerable audiences doesn’t mean ignoring them! Give your grandparents a call (and maybe even send them a link to our adult coloring book page or give them a pro tip from one of our sleep experts). This is such a great time to learn more about their personal history. We all know they have a lot to say, and right now you likely have the time to listen.
Here are some questions to get started...
- Where did you grow up? What was it like there?
- Who was your childhood best friend?
- What was your first date?
- Who was your first love?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- Describe the personalities of each of your siblings
- What music did you like as a teenager?
- Did you ever go on vacation as a child? Where did you go?
- What is your favorite city in the world?
- Tell me about one of your happiest memories.
- What’s the most important lesson you have learned during your life?
- What was dating like when you were a teenager?
- Describe your teenage self in 3 words.
- What were your parents like?
- What were some of the fashions when you were in high school?
- What was the first home you ever bought?
- Describe the moment you proposed/were proposed to.
- What made you choose each of your children’s names?
- What is one thing you want people to remember about you?
- Do you think money can buy happiness? Why or why not?
- What was your first job?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could go back in time and choose a new career for yourself, would you? What would you choose?
- Who was your celebrity crush growing up?
- Tell me about when you learned to drive a car.
- What have you always been good at?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What are some significant world events that you lived through?
- How do you feel about faith?
- Have you ever had surgery?
- Have you ever done anything crazy?
- What was the hardest thing for you to go through?
- What do you remember about your grandparents?
- Which decade of life has been your favorite?
- Do you have any regrets in life?
- What is the best decision you have ever made?
- Who is your current best friend?
- What did your childhood bedroom look like?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Who is someone you miss?
- Did you ever have a pet?