30 Bible Verses About Love That Are Perfect for Your Wedding Vows
Whether it be cross-stitched on your wall or printed on your wedding invitations, find a Bible verse that is perfect for you and your significant other.
on June 22, 2020
While you’re on the hunt for something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue, we’ve got you covered with the perfect Bible verse about love and devotion to pay homage to your relationship. Whether you hang it on your wall as a family mantra or you recite it in your vows, one of these wedding Bible verses will surely inspire your love for years to come. Maybe you want a classically romantic Bible verse, or one a little less common and totally unique. Whatever it is, you’re bound to find a favorite in this list...
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."
- Ruth 1:16-17 “Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.”
- Ephesians 4:2-3 “With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
- 1 John 3:18 “Let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.”
- Jeremiah 31:3 “Love yesterday, today and forever.”
- 1 John 4:11-12 “If God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.”
- Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
- Colossians 3:14 “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
- Genesis 2:24 “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”
- Psalm 143:8 “Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.”
- 1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.”
- John 15:12 “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.”
- Ephesians 4:32 “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:2 “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
- Esther 4:14 “Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.”
- Galatians 5:13 “Through love serve one another.”
- James 1:17 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
- Jeremiah 17:7-8 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
- Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
- Jude 1:2 “Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.”
- Mark 10:9 “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
- Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
- Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I think of you.”
- Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loves at all times.”
- Psalm 126:3 “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.”
- Romans 12:10 “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
- Song of Solomon 3:4 “I have found the one whom my soul loves.”