Vanessa, our Chatbooker-in-Chief, joined up with Emily Ley the creator–and design genius–behind The Simplified Planner, to discuss making holiday memories. Vanessa is a mother of seven and Emily has newborn twin, so these ladies know a little something about the importance of family time and making holiday fun happen no matter the chaos of Christmas season. Watch the whole webinar now. Here are three of Vanessa and Emily’s best ideas for making meaningful memories:
- Write down when you’ll do activities. Choose days, pull out your planner, and write it down—purposefully make it happen.
- At the start of the season, have each family member pick one thing they want to do and compile a “Must Do” list.
- Realize things aren’t always going to go as planned; give yourself grace and let it go.
And these are 15 ideas holiday traditions ideas from our webinar audience:
- Have Christmas music always on in the background
- Christmas PJ’s
- Sub for Santa
- Snack dinner on Christmas Eve
- Family concerts
- Snowshoe into the woods and find your Christmas tree
- Give an ornament every year to each child
- Take the family to The Nutcracker
- Add kids handprints to the tree skirt every year
- Handmade Christmas — make all your gifts at home
- Watch your favorite holiday movies
- Read Christmas books around the tree
- Advent calendars
- Clean out toy boxes and donate unused items
- Chocolate fondue for dessert
This year make memories that will last a lifetime and start traditions you feel excited about!