We sat down with Summer Bellessa—one of the most fashionable women we know (she can even makes the scrubbiest of T-shirt and sweatpants ensemble look good). So we had to get her secrets to share with all of you. She’s a model, fashionista, and co-creator of The Girls With Glasses so she knows her stuff.
(Photo courtesy of @annmarieloves)
Turns out, makeup and beauty can be as easy or as time consuming as you’d like them to be. (We tend to fall more on the easier scale of things so this was a giant W of validation for us!!)
Summer recommends three things to make your beauty routine easy and effortless.
- Spend time on skincare. “If you have great skin, you won’t have to wear as much makeup.” Summer suggests drinking enough water, getting a facial, moisturizing, and washing your face every night so you can spend less time applying makeup in the morning.
- Add a hat to polish any outfit. “I think hats are a real big style booster. If you’re just wearing jeans and a T-shirt but you want to feel like you look pulled together, throw a hat on and it really ups your style quota,” Summer says. (Check out her favorite hats here.)
- Earrings take an outfit to the next level. Summer says, “Even if you slick your hair back with a middle part, you can throw on some big earrings it just looks really fun and stylish.”
When you’re on the go and have only a few minutes to get ready, Summer recommends bringing your makeup bag with you in the car. That way, you can get ready in the few minutes before going into a meeting in your car. As a mom of three, that’s how she usually gets ready anyways, she jokes.
Plus, her everyday makeup routine is perfect for the busy mom:
- Armani foundation used as coverup. (It has great coverage so no need to use a lot)
- Blush (her favorite is a Revlon one that she’s used since middle school!)
- Lip gloss
(Photo courtesy of Meg Ruth)
At the end of the day, how you look is such a small portion of what makes up who you are, Summer emphasizes, so do whatever makes you feel best.
Do you have any beauty tricks of your own? Share them below!