Chatbooks loooooves Disney, and we have partnered with Brian the Disney Expert to give you all of his exclusive tips and enter the giveaway to win a 3-day Disney World vacation!
1. Buy your tickets from Park Savers. You’ll save over gate pricing and avoid the box office lines.
2. Check the weather before you leave and pack accordingly. This is especially true for Walt Disney World. If you see rain in the forecast bring a rain jacket or go buy $2 ponchos at Wal-Mart. You’ll spend 5x that amount at the parks if you come unprepared!
3. You can bring your own food into the parks. Pack as little or as much as you want. Some people bring full meals and some people bring just snacks. Either way you’ll save quite a bit of money.
4. Lot’s of people spend unnecessary monies on water at the parks. The Dasani bottles cost $3+. You can get FREE cups of ice water at any of the quick-service restaurants. Just go up and ask!
5. On Magic Morning days at Disneyland Park, head over to Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland and Critter Country right when they open. We’ve experienced very small wait times for at least 1-2 hours by doing this. Most guests who are doing Magic Morning tend to stay over in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland till around 11-Noon.
6. Fastpass at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World is a must-use these days. Familiarize yourself with the process if you don’t already know it. At Disneyland you can add MaxPass to your ticket which allows you to book Fastpass fro your mobile device without actually showing up at the attraction. This is an additional $10 service per day BUT it allows includes free Photopass photos from that day! All those Disney photographers you say no too…start saying yes! It also includes attraction photos.
For Walt Disney World you can book your FastPass+ reservations BEFORE you even arrive at the parks. You can book 3 initial FastPass+ reservations per day. We always recommend booking them as early and close to each other as possible. Why? Because once you’ve used your initial 3 you can book more! You’ll be able to book 1 FastPass+ reservation at a time for the rest of the day. This can make a HUGE difference in the number of attractions you experience. You’ll also want to do what we call FastPass+ Trolling. This is when you continually refresh the FastPass+ times until you narrow it down to the time closest to the current time or whenever you want to go on the attraction. This process is way under-utilized but is so beneficial to your day!
7. Take advantage of single rider lines. If a line is 60+ minutes long and your group doesn’t care if you get split up on the attraction, do single rider! This can save you a lot of wait time and you’ll still be with your group all the way up till you actually load onto the attraction.
8. If you’re hot and tired by mid-day, go see a show! Great Moment’s with Mr. Lincoln, Country Bear Jamboree, it’s tough to be a bug and Carousel of Progress are just a few of our recommended shows. You’ll cool off quickly, rest your legs and enjoy a great show!