How To: Design an Amazing Custom Cover
on April 13, 2016
Here’s how to make an extra special cover for your Chatbook:
- Pick a photo with some plain background—having a little bit of space makes the words and designs you add standout.
- Download an app that lets you add design elements: we love Adobe Post and Studio(both are free apps with lots of free tools). (Pro tip: to remove the watermark on Adobe Post designs, simply choose to “share” the photo and email it to yourself.)
- Make sure you’re editing your photo as square, so it fits perfectly on a Chatbook cover.
- Add a short phrase: one to five words are best for making a high-impact cover. (Make sure that there’s not text right near an edge, so there’s no chance it gets cut off.) Play with a few design options—you can even see other users’ designs and overlay one you like on to your own photo!
- Once you have a design you love, export it and save to your camera roll on your phone.
- Create a custom Chatbook, and when you go to edit your cover simply choose the photo you designed. Voila!