35 New Year's Wishes for 2021
As you prepare for the new year, you may be wondering what it means to be “out with the old and in with the new.” With 2020 being such a doozy, odds are that you’re excited to leave most of what happened during the year behind (except for the tie-dyed sweatshirts that are now your work uniform). As you prepare your New Year's resolutions that’ll hopefully last longer than the Tiger King phase of lockdown, take some time to write New Year’s wishes to friends and family members. Send a New Year’s note or card and personalize it with some heartfelt New Year messages about the passing of time. These New Year quotes also make for perfect Instagram captions and text pages in your 2020 Year Book!
Not sure which messages will be perfect for your loved ones? We’ve got you covered with 35 quotes and sayings about ringing in the New Year.
New Year Wishes
- May this year be full of goodness and hope!
- Let us look on the past with the fondest of memories and look to the future with hope and newfound joy. Happy New Year.
- I hope your new year is full of joy, celebration and better things to come.
- Happy New Year! May you accomplish your goals, meet new friends, find peace in your everyday and achieve new heights.
- Wishing you success and prosperity in this new year.
New Years Wishes for Friends
- Thank you for being my friend in the last year, and here’s to many more new years together.
- I’ll cherish our memories forever and I hope to make many more together. Here is to a new year full of friendship.
- I’m grateful for each passing year as our eyesight gets a little worse, our hearing a little depleted and our tolerance to stay up late a little diminished because I know that our friendship is only getting stronger.
- Your friendship makes everyday a celebration. Happy New Year to my best friend!
- Should old acquaintance be forgot, I know that I can always rely on your enduring friendship. Happy New Year!
- You’re an incredible friend who has made each passing year as special as the last.
New Years Wishes for Family
- As we look back on the year and see our struggles and our triumphs, I am grateful you’ve been there with me through each step. Happy New Year.
- Happy New Year to the person that gives me the strength to go on.
- At the end of the day, being together with family is the most important part of our lives. May we go into the new year with a spirit of love and connection.
- To my sister, my confidant and friend: Happy New Year! God gave me a sister because I needed you in my life.
- With all the memories of each passing year, I can’t wait to make even more as a family, together.
- You are the greatest parents I could have asked for. This year and every year is made possible because of your undying love and concern for our family. Happy New Year!
Quotes About New Year's Resolutions
- “In order to be successful in the new year, stay focused, develop a positive attitude and be passionate with your dreams.” —Bamigboye Olurotimi
- “Enter this new year with a gratitude for this new chance to create your dreams.” —Avina Celeste
- “Kindness, kindness, kindness. I want to make a New year's prayer, not a resolution. I'm praying for courage.” —Susan Sontag
- “We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives ... not looking for flaws but for potential.” —Ellen Goodman
- “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” —Sarah Ban Breathnach
Motivational New Years Quotes
- “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” —David Bowie
- “New year is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of the future.” —Munia Khan
- “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” —Buddha
- “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” —Josiyah Martin
- “Last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice.” —T.S. Eliot
- “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
- “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” —Vern McLellan
Funny New Years Quotes
- “Sometimes a year has been so disastrous and so terrible that entering a new year will automatically mean entering a wonderful year!” —Mehmet Murat ildan
- “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” —William E. Vaughan
- “My New Year’s Resolution List usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds.” —Nia Vardalos
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” —Joey Adams
- “My New Year’s resolution is to stop hanging out with people who ask me about my New Year’s resolutions.” —Anonymous
- “A year from now, you're gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now.” —Phil McGraw