Spring is in full swing and that can only mean one thing: it’s time for SPRING CLEANING! If the idea of spring cleaning fills you with dread, here’s 5 quick, fun ideas to kick-up your cleaning motivation.
- 1. Add Music Crank your favorite tunes and dance your way to ultimate cleanliness. Shake your booty to some Beyoncé while you add some sparkle to your bathroom.
- 2. Get your kids involved Forget cleaning solo—get the whole family involved for optimal fun. Even the littlest ones can help pick up toys, water plants, or sweep floors.
- 3. Make it a game Set a timer and see how many items you can pick up before the buzzer. Or clean up with color coordination in mind: grab all the blue items in a pile then move on to the red.
- 4. Stock up on supplies Grab some colorful or nice smelling cleaning supplies that will help get you jazzed about spring cleaning. Aromatherapy tips: lavender helps you relax, while peppermint helps you think better.
- 5. Reward yourself Set cleaning milestones throughout your day and give yourself a small reward every time you hit one. Finally cleared out your closet? Time for an ice cream cone: you earned it! At the end of the cleaning purge gift yourself one big treat, like a manicure and pedicure, or that pea coat you’ve been eyeing.